Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Spider!

It was announced today that I'm working on The Spider.  A sure to be fun series that will be written by the great David Liss.  Here are some sample images and some slightly larger samples of the pages I did of the first three pages--The first image was a quicky I did in color:


And the first three pages:




I'm doing all the illustration work--pencils and inks in Manga Studio, then colors in Photoshop.  Fun stuff.

And I'd like to give a major credit to Alex Ross coming up with the design for The Spider.  Just a great design that is going to work really well.

-Colton

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks AMAZING! I gotta admit that I was leery about using the movie serial look but these pages put my concerns at ease. I can't wait to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm late to the game, but I have been reading the Spider issues you drew and I am just AMAZED at your talent. Each page is a marvel of composition and art. I read the issue and then go back and peruse each page to appreciate all the talent you have on display in every panel. I've been reading the COMIXOLOGY version of the book so I can blow up each illustration to really appreciate what you have put into them! AMAZING WORK. Just wanted you to know that you are appreciated. Hope they paid you well for this. Your work is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete